Monday 16 March 2009

Why a Doberman?


When I'm out walking my dogs I regularly get asked two questions.

Q- What kind of dog is that?
A- A red doberman.

After I've furnished this answer, the person's air of friendly enquiry generally tends to turn slightly chilly. I am then invariably asked the following :-

Q- Why a Doberman?

This is asked in a tone normally reserved for asking someone why they decided to join the Nazi party, rather than why they happened to choose a particular dog breed. I've never known anything to turn a person as cold as a doctor's receptionist, quite like telling them that the dog they've just been admiring is a Doberman. So why do I own a Doberman? - In fairness it isn't a question that I can answer so easily. There are lots of reasons, some strange, some highly personal to me and some that only someone who has had a Doberman would understand. Hence the idea of a blog on, but not exclusively on, Dobermans.

2 comments:

  1. I also have a Dobey, you are spot on re: velcro dog. Great Photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the photo, nice looking dog and great background story.

    ReplyDelete